We are delighted to report regular blog contributors David Butler (Early-Career Researcher) and Robbie Butler (Mid-Career Research) have been awarded this honour for the 2020/21 year.
Much of this work is in the area of sports economics and includes some of what is listed below which appeared during 2020 and 2021.
- Butler, D., Butler, R. and Mullane, E. (2021). Changing Competition Design and Spectator Turnout: Evidence from the League of Ireland. Economic and Social Review.
- Butler, D. and Butler, R. (2021). The Evolution of the Football Jersey – An Institutional Perspective. Journal of Institutional Economics. https://www.doi.org/10.1017/S1744137421000278
- Butler, D., Butler, R. and Simmons, R. (2021). Contracts, Pay and Performance in the Sport of Kings: Evidence from Horse Racing. British Journal of Industrial Relations. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjir.12600
- Butler, D., Butler, R. and Eakins, J. (2021). Expert Performance and Crowd Wisdom: Evidence from English Premier League Predictions. European Journal of Operational Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2020.05.034
- Butler, D., Butler R, and Maxcy, J. (2020) New insights on the Louis-Schmeling paradox: determinants of demand for subscription and pay-per-view boxing. European Sport Management Quarterly. https://doi.org/10.1080/16184742.2020.1820063
- Butler R., Lenten, L. and Massey, P. (2020) Bonus Incentives and Team Effort Levels: Evidence from the ‘Field’. Scottish Journal of Political Economy. https://doi.org/10.1111/sjpe.12249
Well done both!